Order of the Dragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Order of the Dragon

The Order of the Dragon is a Pokemon Online competitive community with a lot of history, originally founded in the summer of 2011.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The History of the Order of the Dragon.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The History of the Order of the Dragon. Empty The History of the Order of the Dragon. Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:28 am

Rigas

Rigas
Admin

The Order of the Dragon was a clan project started by me, Rigas, in the summer of 2011. At that time, I was lurking a now-defunct server named Pokemon Nanjing. When I first went there it was earlier in the same summer when I was trying to arrange a clan war for a server named Pokemon Trainers Online, which was a very small server. We were outsiders, but managed to draw the game 3-3, even though the Nanjing team brought reinforcements from Pokemon Battle Center (Nanjing was partially a PBC spin-off). The biggest surprise in that game came when our player SPS beat one of the best OU battlers in PBC Metaknight, with a surprise Swords Dance Scolipede set sweeping.

Afterwards I would occasionally visit Pokemon Nanjing, and went Pokemon Trainers Online went down some time later, I settled there. I quickly made a name for myself as one of the servers top battlers (as my general 1200ish skills for Beta standards where very good there). After spending a lot of time there, and getting to know everyone, I found out about Nanjing's clan system. It was fairly active, so I decided to make a clan myself. I gathered my best friends there (a clan required at least 4 people to exist), gave them a choice of names, and we settled on Order of the Dragon. The first members were Rigas, Parasect4win, Zapper3, and Pichu.

The clan rose to power in incredible rates. It started to absorb nearly all of Nanjing's active members, and it even attracted people from other servers, further increasing Nanjing's popularity. The clan became powerful both battle-wise and influence-wise. At it's peak, it had over 40 active members (including near all of Nanjing auth), an academy in which the strongest battlers of the clan were teaching the weaker ones about battling, and tournaments exclusive to members, with a rating system. It also participated in some clan wars, and emerged victorious in all of them, even though at times it took on entire SERVERS!

But then everything suddenly collapsed. Two of the owners, Yoshi and SmashinKing, who always had heated relationships with each other, crossed the line. The third owner, Coordinator Sahil, tried to hold things together but couldn't really do anything. Nanjing was shut down and split into two servers, one run by SmashinKing and one run by Yoshi. Sahil also started his own server later on. I couldn't have the clan split in three parts, so I had to disband it. But wanting to carry on, I found a new home, a server called Pokemon Perfect.

This server was run by a good friend of mine, Lutra, whom I had met back at Pokemon Mysidia. I carried over two key members from the old Order of the Dragon, Parasect4win and Pichu and settled, founding the second incarnation of the Order of the Dragon. It wasn't successful, despite the re-connection with many former associates from Pokemon Mysidia.

At the same time, Yoshi was doing fairly well due to his amazing ability to attract people, running two active servers and even working alongside the great Gilad. Some time later, the key members including me, left Pokemon Perfect to settle to the main server, Beta. Some active people were left behind, but without someone to lead, the Order of the Dragon fell into disarray and was eventually disbanded.

Now, several months afterwards, even though I have retired from competitive battling, I'm re-creating the Order of the Dragon, in hopes of reliving the old glorious days. Some old veterans, Parasect4win, T-Dog and Swimming95 have come back to aid the new Order. With their help and several new members, I hope to achieve my goals.

THE OLD MEMBER LISTS:

Pokemon Nanjing:

Spoiler:

Pokemon Perfect:

Spoiler:

https://orderofthedragon.rpg-board.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum